The Bay School of San Francisco

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Search

Tuition & Tuition Assistance

Tuition & Fees

Every spring The Bay School's Board of Trustees sets the amount of tuition and fees. The board identifies virtually all supplemental costs involved in a Bay education and incorporates them in a comprehensive materials and service fee, eliminating the extra billings that are typical at many independent schools.

The Bay School Board of Trustees has adopted the following tuition and fee schedule for the 2018-2019 academic year:

Tuition & Fees for the 2018-2019 Academic Year 
Tuition $45,900
Comprehensive materials and service fee* $2,600
 Total Charges $48,500

 

*Materials and service fee includes:

  • All books and materials
  • Food service including lunch (soup, salad bar, entree), morning and afternoon snacks and beverages
  • Student laptop computer rental including educational and office software applications, technical support, maintenance and repair
  • Athletic uniforms and equipment
  • Intersession and Senior Signature Project costs
  • College test prep
  • Required trips and programs

All families’ tuition payments are managed through Tuition Management Systems. There are three options for payment:

Option 1: Tuition may be paid in full in March with the enrollment contract. There is no processing fee for this option.

Option 2: Tuition may be paid in three installments. With this option, 10% of tuition is due in March with the enrollment contract and serves as a non-refundable deposit. 60% of the remaining balance is due in June, with the remaining 40% due in December. A $65 processing fee is charged.

Option 3: Tuition may be paid in 10 monthly installments. 10% of tuition is due in March with the enrollment contract and serves as a non-refundable deposit. Installment payments being in June, following the student’s enrollment. A $145 processing fee is charged.

 

Tuition Assistance

The Bay School of San Francisco is committed to serving students of all economic backgrounds. To meet this objective a portion of tuition income is designated each year as the school's tuition assistance budget. Each family is asked to make a financial contribution toward the cost of a Bay education but no one should hesitate to apply for admission due to financial reasons. Bay encourages families to apply for Tuition Assistance if they think they may qualify. 

Applications for Tuition Assistance are managed through the School and Student Services branch of the National Association for Independent Schools. To apply, please visit sss.nais.org and submit the following by the posted deadlines:

Prospective Families

  • Parent Financial Statement (PFS) by January 11, 2019
  • Both 2016 and 2017 federal tax returns, and following documents, by January 11, 2019
  • W-2 or 1099 form (if applicable)
  • Last two pay stubs (if applicable)
 
Awards are contingent upon receipt of 2018 federal tax returns by April 15, 2019
 

Returning Families

  • Parent Financial Statement (PFS) by January 11, 2019
  • 2017 federal tax returns by January 11, 2019
  • 2018 federal tax returns by April 15, 2019
 
The SSS online application requires a school code to be entered. The code for The Bay School is #3720. The Tuition Assistance process may require applicant families to file their federal taxes earlier than usual. Depending on the family's financial situation, additional tax forms may be requested by The Bay School. These may include IRS Forms 1065, 1120 or others.
Tuition Assistance Application Deadlines 
 
PFS Due: January 11, 2019
 
2016 & 2017 Tax Returns Due: January 11, 2019
 
2018 Tax Returns Due:
April 15, 2019
 
SSS Website
sss.nais.org
 
SSS Phone Number 
800-344-8328
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm ET
Asistencia disponible en español. 
 
SSS Mailing Address
SSS By NAIS
Application Processing Center 
15 Dan Road, Suite 102
Canton, MA 02021