Last Updated 6/16/20
Our top goal at The Bay School is to support the health, safety, and well-being of our entire Bay community. We are closely monitoring the latest news and information from the CDC and the San Francisco Public Health Department about the spread of novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) in the Bay Area. This is a quickly evolving situation; we are responding with proactive, thoughtful, and flexible planning. Please check this page regularly for updates.
College Counseling Updates
To stem the spread of COVID-19, many colleges and universities are canceling classes, admissions events, and tours, and offering virtual tours as an alternative. In addition, the College Board has canceled SAT and ACT tests on April 4 and May 2. The Bay College Counseling Office remains open and ready to support seniors and juniors with their college choices and testing plans. Please visit the College Counseling During COVID-19
webpage and check the resources below regularly to stay up to date on event and test cancelations as well as dates for new events. Contact College Counseling
with questions, concerns or for assistance.
What is Bay doing to safeguard the health of our community?
Bay has closed campus through at least April 7 and launched its distance learning plan. In addition, we are following the latest recommendations
from the San Francisco Department of Public Health and implementing the following proactive measures to keep our community healthy:
- Bay closed its campus and launched a comprehensive Distance Learning Program starting Friday, March 13.
- Canceled all non-essential large-group events through April 7.
- Canceled all local field trips for students.
- Discouraged parent and community attendance at athletic events through at least April 7.
- Prior to campus closure, discouraged parent and community attendance at Morning Meeting.
- Prior to campus closure, intensified nightly cleaning protocol and increased the frequency of cleansing high touch surfaces such as desks, chairs, and doorknobs.
- Expanded placement of hand sanitizer throughout the school.
- Substituted hugs and hand contact for 'elbow bumps'. Encouraging social distancing and discouraging sharing food and drink.
- Provided seminar on proper handwashing to all students and staffulty during Morning Meeting.