Question: What do roasted Brussels sprouts, Marin Sun Farms burgers, miso mushroom soup and Sharlyn melons all have in common?
Answer: They're local . . . students love them . . . and they're favorites on the Bay menu!
Provided by Acre Gourmet, Bay's lunches are:
- cooked on-site from scratch
- local, seasonal, and continually changing
- ecologically conscious, predominantly organic and feature grass-fed or free range,
- hormone- and antibiotic-free meat
- low in salt and sugar and free of transfats
- accompanied every day by a salad bar
- reflective of a range of ethnic backgrounds
- accommodating of special dietary needs
- just a part of our love of food; mornings at The Bay School begin with bagels, fresh breads and jams, fresh fruit and hot tea
Students’ comprehensive service fee includes the cost of all on-campus food and drink, so the exchange of cash is not part of our school day. The Bay School composts, recycles and aims for zero waste
Check out this blog
with Head Chef Marisa as she tells us more about Acre Gourmet's food philosophy!