Welcome to Bay!
The mission of the Bay School Parent Guardian Association (PGA) is:
- To foster a close sense of community and inclusion among our Bay parents, guardians and families
- To educate and inform parents and guardians
- To acknowledge and support the staffulty at Bay
All Bay School parents, guardians and adult supporters of Bay students are automatically members of the Parent Guardian Association, and volunteers are always welcome!
Class Coordinators - Our "Bay Cheerleaders"
There are 3-4 parent Class Coordinators for each grade level and some of their duties are:
- To build a sense of community and fellowship among the parents and guardians in each class
- To strive to make all activities welcoming and inclusive
- To plan social events – some for parents and guardians only, some for families
- Coffee socials after morning meetings for parents and guardians
- Potlucks on Friday or Saturday evenings for parents and guardians
- Advisory potlucks for families
- Community service projects
- End of the year class picnic for families
- To get the word out about upcoming Bay all-school events and grade level class activities and to act as a Bay resource for parents and guardians to contact for information
- To act as a liaison between parents and guardians and the class dean and support the dean where needed
- To attend school functions to get to know other parents and guardians in your class and encourage them to volunteer at Bay events
There are many ways to become involved; the PGA seeks to include anyone who wants to participate in school life. Designated committees support the arts, staffulty appreciation, community service and fundraising among others efforts at Bay. We aim to make high school an enriching and rewarding experience for students and families alike.